Wednesday, November 16, 2011

How to Lose Weight Without Even Trying


Well, I'll be honest. There's a catch. You can lose weight without even trying, as long as you are able to struggle through one week eating steak, shrimp, chicken, and sauteed onions. But little else. That's basically the Paleo Diet. And I lost thirty pounds on this diet.

I actually believe I've lost more, but my adopting this diet coincided with joining a CrossFit gym, which means I'm so much more muscular now that I have no idea how much actual "weight" I've lost.
Now, after you struggle through that week, your body won't be craving all the things you shouldn't eat, such as anything with refined sugar or grains.

The reason you shouldn't eat those things is that your ancestors for millions of years ate a diet based largely on meat and vegetables and fruits only when they were available seasonally. We only started eating grains 10,000 years ago. We were fine for a while, since we were all working so hard. But now look at us. We're fat and half of us are diabetic.


Nanook of the North didn't have diabetes. That's because all he ever ate was meat. He was a Paleo eater.

Now, I lost an enormous amount of weight when I was in Iraq. I was accidentally on the Paleo Diet. I ate meat at every meal and avoided carbs.

Here I am in Iraq, before and after.



But when I got back to the United States, I went back to my horrible habits.
But then my wife and I discovered the Paleo Diet (and CrossFit) and we'll never go back.




I've also discovered that the ancient world preserved cultural memories of this momentous shift in human dietary habits. In the Bible and other sources, people remembered a Golden Age when humans were healthier and happier. And they left clues that what made those people so much better was the Paleo Diet.




Buy my book in paperback to learn all the details of the discoveries I've made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis