Monday, February 13, 2012

Roman Baths!

As a Latin teacher, I'm always interested in finding ways to make otherwise boring learning somewhat entertaining. In a unit where we study the Roman Baths, I have for years showed the students a game in which they go between the typical rooms of the bath, performing various tasks.

It's a great game, hosted by Bath, England, as a way to advertise their Roman archaeological sites there.

Click here to play the game.

Click here to see the main site for the Roman Baths there.


But over the years, I've just gotten really good at this game, figuring out ways to shave off first minutes and then seconds to eventually, just yesterday, arrive at my personal best low score of the game, 1:22.



I don't mean to boast, but I believe I have turned this thing into an extreme sport of sorts. One of my students has also managed a 1:23. Both of us think that anything lower than 1:22 is simply impossible.

If we're wrong, please let us know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis