Saturday, June 18, 2016

She Walks in Beauty - An Original Song by Keith Massey

http://www.keithmassey.com/beauty.html
I love making music and, like any artist, I find joy in sharing whatever talents I may have with others. 

So in the interest in better publicizing my album, Vivamus, Amemus, Oremus, I am crafting notices which pair a visual selected to match each particular song, along with a detailed description of my musical rendition. 

In my song She Walks in Beauty, I set Lord Byron's famous poem by that title to music with an original melody. I pair my description of this composition with a lovely painting by Constantine Lvovich. Click to learn more about this impressive artist.

My album includes another original melody for Catullus 5, arguably the greatest love poem ever written. He begins that poem by telling his lover "Let us Live (Vivamus)" and "Let us Love (Amemus)." I've titled my album as a tribute to this line. Since my album also features my rendition of three famous hymns, the title also includes the Latin word for "Let us Pray (Oremus)."






No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis