Monday, December 23, 2019

My Latin language of Jingle Bells (Tinniat) -- Reused in Three Fun Ways!

My Latin language version of Jingle Bells (Tinniat) is doing very well this holiday season. The Youtube version has passed 180,000 views and it is getting hundreds of streams on Spotify daily!

I only recently learned, however, that my version of the song has been used by other Youtubers to produce new content. And I describe my absolute favorite last.

Firstly, Daniel LaBelle has produced three different Karaoke versions of it (short, medium and full song). Here's the medium version, first verse and chorus:




Then, even more curious is the following video in which my version of the song is the background music for scenes apparently produced inside some computer game. It shows snow, woods, and then, most fun, scenes of Roman soldiers battling barbarians!





But, no use of my version can possible match the following treasure. Someone has taken my version, sped it up so I sound a bit like a chipmunk, and then put fun, fake, misheard English lyrics to the Latin original!

For instance, "Laetos iuvat nos" is "misheard" and subtitled as "Light toes viewed white nose."






I am flattered that other artists have reappropriated my version with these fun takes on it. Merry Christmas, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis