Tuesday, March 24, 2020

A Bit of Positivity...

In 2004, as I was getting ready to go on my deployment to Iraq, I had told the manager of my apartment building that I had a plant that I would like to leave with them to water in my absence. 

I was over the Atlantic when I remembered that, in the midst of all the details of leaving, I had forgotten to bring it to them. I can remember taking a sip from the glass of wine I had in my hand and thinking, "That plant is dead." And while I regretted not taking the plant to the apartment manager, that was the least of my worries.

Four months later, on the night when I was back in my apartment after being for a month in Egypt followed by three months in Iraq without coming back to the United States, I saw the completely brown and desiccated plant. And on a lark I took a glass of water and poured it into the soil. 

The following morning, to my utter amazement, it was as green as you see it right now. Whether it was a miracle from God or a miracle of nature, which for me can be the same thing, this plant still today thrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis