Sunday, December 25, 2011

Paleo Christmas Beef Hash!

One of the problems that will come up from time to time when you eat Paleo is, what am I going to do with all this left over steak?!

Last night I had a T-Bone, my wife had one of two filet mignon steaks, all broiled.

So we just got back from Liturgy and we needed a lunch of some sort until tonight's roast turkey.

I decided to quickly make up a concoction using up the steak, some organic non-nitrate bacon we have, and an onion.

I call it Paleo Beef Hash.
First, I cut the steak into small cubes. I cut up about five strips of bacon, removing much of the pure fat. I diced a small onion.

I fried the bacon just until it started to brown and then mixed in the onion. 
  Since I had removed much of the fat, I didn't need to strain any oil off. I let the onions become very soft and begin to caramelize. Then I mixed in the steak cubes and stirred until the meat was fully reheated.

I served this with two chicken sausages, with a shot of vodka on the side to celebrate the Nativity. This hash tasted so good!

Merry Christmas, everyone! And have a Happy and Healthy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis