Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Paleo Detox!

If you're like me, you ate a few more carbs on Christmas than you usually like to. And if you eat Paleo, that means you may have eaten forty where you usually eat ten! No matter, we're ready for what we call Paleo Detox. But the good news is--that means we just spend a few days eating strictly Paleo.
 

Now, personally, I need to wean off the bad foods. So here's what I came up with for a good fairly strict meal that still managed to give me the savory sensations of a carb-loaded experience. First I chop up and sautee onions and mushrooms. Here they are in the pan, awaiting their marching orders.
 

Then I steam some broccoli. Broccoli is just always a good vegetable to throw next to a piece of meat.

Then, because I need something extravagant and savory, I broil ribeye steaks. Here they are before I put them under the fire.


 

And here's the meal on my plate. Broiled Ribeyes, smothered in sauteed mushrooms and onions. The mushrooms are the only thing here that contribute any measurable carbs.

And that's okay. Tomorrow we'll be even stricter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis