I've created a new version of the beautiful Western Advent hymn, Veni, Veni, Emmanuel, "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel."
This hymn was based on the "O Antiphons," which are sung liturgically in anticipation of Christmas. The traditional order of the verses, however, reverses the dramatic culmination just before Christmas of the verse "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel." I've reordered the song to make this the climactic and dramatic point it was intended to be.
Keith Massey, PhD (University of Wisconsin-Madison). Latin Teacher, Author, Musician, Eastern Orthodox Priest
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cold Water Covid
How It's Going Today, Saturday July 16th, I sit in an apartment in Bucharest, Romania--recovering from Covid. Despite being fully vaccin...
-
A few summers back, I was in an internet café in Bucharest, killing time to avoid going back to the chaos of the refurbishing of my moth...
-
Strength and Honor Ever since I showed the movie "Gladiator" to my current Latin 1 class, some of the students use the greeti...
-
Here is a video version of the following article on the question of the Death of Spartacus. I suggest that there is the very real possibil...
No comments:
Post a Comment