Sunday, January 19, 2014

Meet the Team of In Saecula Saeculorum

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0984343253/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il?ie=UTF8&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=0984343253&link_code=as3&tag=keitmassintea-20
In Saecula Saeculorum. That's Latin for "Unto Ages of Ages." It's an Espionage-Adventure novel set in Ancient Rome.



 

Four high school students are sent back in time to Ancient Rome on a mission to save the modern world. They thought they were going to a quirky Classical Academy. They were actually duped by MI-6 and the NSA in preparation for this crucial mission.

They've learned Latin, sword-fighting, horseback riding, and other practical skills that the mission requires. Even so, they're high school students with all of the insecurities and angst other kids their age are going through. And now these four have had the survival of the world dropped onto their shoulders.

Click on their cartoon avatars to learn more about them and what part of me they expressed as I was writing this novel.


Will Stanhope

 Will Stanhope. The only Brit on the team. Nobility, Science Whiz, Secretly in love with Layla.

 Layla Ramzy
Layla Ramzy




Layla Ramzy.  Linguistic Wizard. Insecure despite her brilliance. Secretly in love with Will.

Carmen Mattila



Carmen Mattila. Best fighter of the group, be it with fists or swords. Also captain of the Chess team.


Jonathan Drake

  

Jonathan Drake. Orphan. Underachiever. Only student at the Academy to have gotten an out-of-school suspension.






An Espionage-Adventure novel set in Ancient Rome? What does Keith Massey know about any of this?






Immediately after 9/11, I sent my resume to the National Security Agency to see if they could use my expertise. I have
my PhD in Biblical Hebrew, with a minor in Arabic. They hired me and I worked there for four years, during which time I was awarded the Global War on Terror Civilian Service Medal for service I performed in Iraq.

I left the NSA in 2006 to become a high school Latin teacher. You see, my undergrad studies had been Latin and Classical Greek. 

In Saecula Saeculorum let me express the full range of my learning and life experience, weaving together my expertise as both a spy and a language scholar. But, more than that, it's a story about young people thrust into greater responsibility than they feel ready for. And who among us has not felt the same? For them, however, the stakes are unbelievably high. Read the book to find out how they race to the save the world while also trying to save one another.



Free Gift! Subscribe to receive Dr. Keith's Six Basic Tips for Mastering Any Language.


No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis